<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Saturday, January 21, 2006

A new start! 

A new start on my blog

Happy new year, everyone! I say it once again, because it could be that you haven't listened to my audio post yet, where I with my voice for the first time have wished all readers a happy new year and also put in a lot of other words with my voice. And one can never say a good thing like "Happy new year" too much, I think.

Well, as you can see I've returned to my blogging business. I've planned to do to it for a long time, but sometimes it takes a while before one actually does what one plans to do...

For almost one year I haven't been blogging here, as some of you probably have discovered. It doesn't mean that during the last year I've forgotten about my blog or haven't wished to write here. Not at all! I have just been very busy in my life, and I've thought about writing here many times, but then I've just postponed it over and over again. But finally I'm back in business!

My new start here on my blogg started a few days ago, when I for the first time was able to post a photo of my self on my blog. It took a while before I got it the way I wanted it to be, but in the end I was very pleased with the result of my posts the 18th of January. And the day after I found out that I could become an "audio blogger" and post audio blogs, and to me it sounded very exciting, so I tried it out, and it was! It was really fun and exciting to try audio blogging and to know that now my voice and greetings could be heared all over the world. :)

Well, let me now give you a little summary of the past year, since it's been so long since I wrote about my life here...

During the last year I have finished my studies in Dance with a good grade that I'm pleased with, and because of this extra studies I have now come up to a higher level in my education, which was one of my goals, so I'm very pleased with that. If you would like to find out about the college that offered the studies I did in Dance, you can visit this adress: www.hitos.no, and you can press "Kunstfag" on the list to the left, if you want to find out about the studies in Dance or other art studies the college offer.

In addition to studying I have, as you know, worked at a school, since last January. I remember I last year told you about how God answered my prayers and blessed me with the good job as an assistant in one of Tromsø's schools for teenagers. I have continued to have this job, also after the summer holiday, and it is still a good job for me that I find enjoyable. I am now assisting four different pupils, that in different ways are disabled or handicapped. I help them, one at the time, in various situations and with many different things.

Since August I have also been blessed with another job at the same school that I am an assistant for some pupils... God also gave me the job as a Drama teacher there, and that is both a very challenging and exciting job for me! I really enjoy being with my Drama pupils and teach them Drama and help them develop them selves and their dramatic skills. It's great fun! We've had many nice and funny lessons together, me and my pupils, and I'm looking forward to continuing working with them until the summer holiday. I just love being a Drama teacher and to be with with my Drama pupils, especially the ones I have by my self! But I also appreciate to work with in another Drama class together with another teacher. It is very inspiring and helpful to me to be able to observe and cooperate with a teacher that has a lot of experience behind her, so I also enjoy my time with her class a lot. All in all, I really enjoy my new, good job situation, full of many nice, interesting experiences, and where I each day meet many beutiful, nice people - each one of them unique and created in the image of God - and where no day is the same! Thank you, my wonderful God and Saviour, for your great goodness and blessings towards me! :)

If you now would like to visit the web page of the school where I work, you can go to this page: www.kongsbakken.vgs.no, and if you press "Ansatte" in the list to the left, you will find a list of all the employees at the school, and you will also find my name there. Good luck! :)

Now you are maybe wondering where I've spent my last holidays? Well, in the summer I was just in the North, and I don't want to tell more about that now, but in the Christmas holiday I travelled a lot... I went all the way to Great Britain and celebrated Christmas - in both the Norwegian way and the English way - together with my sister Hanna, her husband Daljinder, and their sweet children Taj Kristian, Jai Ruben and Sunniva. It was so nice to be with them, play with the children and just enjoy each other's company. After some days with them I went to Bergen and visited my parents (www.erling.typepad.com + www.erling.typepad.com/solveig) and my brother Josef (www.josef.typepad.com), his wife Elizabeth, and their lovely children Jakob, Sara and Lars Benjamin. I had a wonderful time with my family in Bergen, and I also managed to get some time with some good friends of mine: Veronica and her daughter, Carina, and Hiwot and her husband Naphtali. It was very nice to meet them all! And of course I managed to attend the new year's meeting in my church in Bergen, Kristent Fellesskap, and there I also got to meet some of my old friends and acqaintances.

Well, time is running as I'm writing this, and I've got much to do, so I'd better stop soon... I had planned to write much more, because I've written some nice texts I would like to put in here, but I just have to do that tomorrow instead. But one of my texts I will put in here, before I end, and it is a poem I have written...


Every day is a new start

a new chance to hear about Jesus Christ
who died on a cross for our sins

a new chance to receive Him in your life
and make Jesus your Saviour and King

a new chance to choose between right and wrong
and do what is good and right

a new chance to give glory to God with your song
and to honour him with your whole life

a new chance to focus on others
instead of focusing on your self

a new chance to thank God for his goodness
and rejoice in his love and care

a new chance to run towards your goal
without looking back or ever giving up

a new chance to look into the beuty of God's creation
and be inspired by his marvellous workmanship

a new chance to trust in God
and seek His Kingdom first of all

a new chance to forget the past and live in the present
with your eyes fixed on Jesus, Lord of all

a new chance to improve your self
and grow with the help of God

a new chance to live in God's peace
and believe in the One who made each star

a new chance to start over again,
to forgive your self and others

a new chance to be a good friend
and live in peace with sisters and brothers

a new chance to see all the good gifts
and blessings you get on your way

a new chance to let the Word of God
control what you do and what you say

Every day is a new start, my friend,
to do all these things and more.

Let never the griefs of your past control you,
but live life to the full - the chance is your!


Have a blessed Saturday and weekend, everyone!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?