<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A new good flow 

Lately I've written some texts about having a new start - here on my blog. That is because that is some of the things I've been thinking about lately. And I don't just think about the fact that I've had a new start on my blog or the fact that we every day get a new start when we awaken in the morning. There are many different types of new starts, and we can have all kinds of new starts. Some of these starts has to do with something small. Some has to do with something big.

Sometimes you can experience to forget your food boiling in the kitchen, and maybe you have some kind of accident or the food gets burnt, and then you will have to start all over again to prepare a nice meal. And sometimes it could be that you've had a quarrel or disagreement with someone and need to have a new start in your relationship with someone. Other times you can feel that a part of your life isn't functioning the way it should, and you need to give your self a new start to make progress in that area of your life. At other times we can feel that our whole life needs a big, new start. So there are many reasons for feeling the need of a new start.

I believe that the best and biggest new start a person can have, is when he or she goes from death to life, from sorrow to joy, from darkness to light, and from sinfulness to rightheousness - through the salvation in Jesus Christ, God's Son. This new start can and will be given to everyone who receives Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour in their lives. When you receive Jesus into your life, he will give you a magnificent, glorious and great, new start in your life - only because of his good mercy and love, only because of his death and ressurrection. God loves every human being so much and longs for them all to be saved and receive his great love and get the wonderful new, fresh start that he wants to give every person. I myself have experienced becoming a new creation in Jesus Christ, through what He has done for me, and I can recommend it to everyone! Life with God is so good, it's the best! :)

But our generous God doesn't just give us a new start when we receive his salvation and become christians. I've experienced that God has given me a new start in my life also after I became a christian. Actually, it has happened many times. For example when I've sinned and then come to God and asked for forgiveness, he has always forgiven me and cleansed me, and then he has given me a new start. Sometimes it could be for other reasons, for example that I've made some new decisions in my life. No matter how it happens, it is always good when God gives you a new start.

Last Monday was one of those days when I had the feeling that I had a new start. It was a special day for me, because I clearly felt it was a new start for me. I had been gone from work some days, because of sickness, and before I came back to work on Monday and started my new week, I had made some new decisions and plans in my life. Because of this I've had a new start in my life this last week, and it has been very good to experience a new, good flow in my life. On Tuesday I wrote a poem about this, and here it is...


A new good flow

I've come into a good flow
in the dance of life
I know that I often grow
and prepare to be a wife

I'm active and happy,
destined to win the fight
I'm living in harmony
with Jesus, my Light

My life will be richer
and grow day by day
when I live with my "pitcher",
the Truth and the Way

He never turns me down
No, Jesus is my friend
I will dance with no frown
He will stand by to the end


And like Rachel Hickson said this morning, in the meeting I was in, we also have to press on, never give up and finish the race. I am going to do that. I will finish the race God has for me.

Have a great week, everyone!
Comments:
Hello there... This is a little message from Lars in the US. I went to Ann-Iren's site and saw your comment to one of her posts. I cannot remember when I last saw you. I don't even know if I had heard that you were in Tromsø now. I listened to the audio post you had. Good to hear your voice again...

I'll write more later
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?