<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Sunday, February 20, 2005

God is so good! 

Back in Tromsø

Now I've been back in Tromsø for more than six weeks, and many good things has happened during these weeks - both in my life and in the city of Tromsø in general. I'm often busy and have many things to do, and therefore I often postpone writing here, but this evening I want to spend a few minutes just to tell about some of the good things happening here in Tromsø. Let me first share a good testimony with you about a very good prayer request!


A wonderful prayer request: All honour to God!

During my first months in Tromsø God blessed me with many different part time jobs and job tasks. But after a while I didn't have enough jobs and was dependent on schools calling me and asking me to come and work as a substitute teacher or something similar. I never knew when they would call me, and it was a very unstable situation. I knew it wouldn't be good for me to keep on living like that for a long time, and in December I started to look for a permanent part time job.

Some weeks ago my cell group (or bible group) decided they wanted to pray for me and pray that I soon would get a job, and so they did. My leader actually prayed boldly that I would get a job within two weeks. I was encouraged and believed God would answer our prayers.

During the first days after the group meeting I saw some jobs on the net that I could apply for. Two days after I had been prayed for I called a contact person from a school where they needed an assistant, because the job sounded interesting for me, and I wanted to find out more about it. The lady didn't answer me, but I gave her a message on her machine, and she called me back. Then she told me about the job, and in between I told her about myself and my education and experiences. It was a very nice phone call, and it went very well, because the lady became very positive towards me, and after a while she said "I feel like hiring you immediately!". I felt very good about the job after this conversation, and I prayed to God that I would get it.

Three days after the phone call - on Monday the 24th of January - I sent my application for the job, and just a little while after, the lady from the school called me back. She said that I was the person that stood out the most among all of those people that had called her. She continued with saying that they couldn't hire me before the application deadline had gone out, but she told me she had been allowed to let me start working there - training for the job - as an extra person. And I understood she also hoped and thought that I later would be hired officicially. Halleluja! God gave me a job! God heard my prayers! This was wonderful news to me, and I new it was my prayers being answered, and I was very very happy and smiled and laughed alot that day. All honour and thanks to God for his goodness to me! :)

And now there's not so much more to tell. Just a little bit. The day after the wonderful phone call, I started working at the school where I got a job, and I got my on-the-job-training there for two weeks. I liked the job and got very well along with the people there from the very first day. And I have continued to like the job and have continued to learn things and become more and more familiar with the job as the weeks have went by. After two weeks in my new God-given job, I was officially hired - picked out between twelve people, many with even more education than I have. That was also a wonderful message to get! In my heart I felt that God allready had given me the job and that I would get the job officially, so it wasn't a big surprise to me. But it was great to finally hear that I was officially hired and know that I can work in my new job 21 hours a week until the summer and get a good salary every month! Praise and honour and thanks to my good God that has blessed me with this good job! The job is just perfect for me in every way, and it makes me life easier and more stable in more than one way. Now I am working with teenagers, using my skills and also learning new things, from Monday to Friday every week. The job is not too demanding and doesn't occupy too much of my time, so now I also have time to study in the day time, so that's very good.

God is so good! All honour and praise to God for all His goodness!

I hope you've been blessed by this testimony, and know this: God sees and understands your needs, and He wants to meet them! He cares for you and loves you and wants to help you and meet all your needs! And if you don't know Him, he first of all wants to meet your need of salvation. And He already has - through His Son Jesus Christ, that died on a cross for every human being. All you need to do is to recieve the salvation God already has made ready for you. If you receive His salvation you can get a wonderful life together God. Yes, you can get to know God personally! I can absolutely recommend it! But now I should end here soon, so maybe I'll talk more about these things another time.


Good things happening in Tromsø

Many good things are happening in Tromsø these days. One of them is that we a couple of weeks ago had a very good worship-and-prayer-conference here with a lady called Rachel Hicksin. And the coming weekend we'll have a conference with Vince Estermann. That will be exciting! God has great plans for Tromsø and is equipping his people here. Halleluja!

Have a nice winter, all of you!


Happy greetings from Ruth Kristin
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?