<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Action in the city 

Lessons in life

After a couple of months with no blogging I have finally made some space for writing a new blog text this evening. I have been thinking about my blog now and then and have wanted to write here, especially lately, but now I felt it was time to actually sit down and make a new blog text, without postponing it anymore.

Now I have lived almost four months in the city of Tromsø, and I still really enjoy living here. During these four months in the city, there has been a lot of action in my life. I think "action" is one of the words that describes this period of my life the most, because there has been so many different things happening and going on in my life - often very many things at the same time - and often the tempo in my life has been very high, in the same way that the tempo in action movies are very high. But sometimes the tempo can become too high, and if one doesn't take good enough care of one self, one can become sick and get the need for a break. This is what happened to me one month ago. I got sick and needed to stop working and slow down the tempo and take better care of my self. During this period God has been with and helped me with some difficulties and learned me some lessons. He is so good and faithful, and He never forsakes me, even if I make mistakes or go against Him. He is always ready to forgive and forget, and he blesses me and helps me with His loving kindness.

Now I want to share with you some of the things that I already knew, but have learned more about, this autumn in Tromsø:

Salvation in the city

Before I end I also want to tell you all that during the last weeks four young ladies, that all know someone in the church Kristent Fellesskap, where I belong, have received Jesus as Lord in their lives. Halleluja! And glory to God! :-) Two of these young ladies are my friends, and I was very happy when they both decided to live for Jesus. And I also have other good contacts in the city, so I'm looking forward to see how God will continue to use me and what will happen here in Tromsø in the future.

New friends from Liberia

Recently I met some ladies from Liberia, and later I was invited home to one of them. She is called Rose and comes from a big family, and her parents have come here to Tromsø with most of their children, the children's spouses and grandchildren. They have been living as refugees in Ghana for 13 years, and have now started a new life here in Tromsø. Lately I've talked with most of them, and I have become friends with Rose and some of the others in her nice family. I have visited Rose's place many times and been able to bless her and her family and also be blessed by them.

May God bless you all, and have a nice time until the next time you "read" from me! I will now end with a little poem written in October...

Ruth Kristin Thu, 07.12.2004

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?