<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

My sister's birthday 

I am back again...
Finally I am back on the net to write some words in my blog, after several weeks with no blog writing or any "sign of life" from me. Through the last weeks I have experienced both some difficult situations and some uplifting situations. and I've had many things to think about (and I still have). In the midst of this period I have sometimes thought about my blog and wondered what to write here and when to take the time to do it. Now I see there are so many things I could write about, and many words could have been said about some of those things. But today is a special day - it's my sister's birthday - and I have decided to leave all those other things and rather give attention to my sister instead...

My sister's birthday
Today is my sister's birthday, and I gave her a phone call earlier on to congratulate her on her 31st birthday. I sang her a birthday song and had a nice little chat with my friendly sister. After that phone conversation I have spent some time thinking about my beautiful sister, my sister that is so precious to me. And here is a poem I've made for my sister:

*

My sister

My sister is special,
loving and kind.
She's full of warmth,
and she often smiles.

My sister is beautiful
in looks and in heart.
She laughs and shines
and creates fine art.

My sister is caring
and gives of her self.
She often helps me
feel good about my self.

My sister is also
crazy sometimes.
She comes with ideas
and enjoys being wild.

My sister is unique
and precious to me.
She's always been there,
she's shared life with me.

My sister is Hanna,
and YOU ARE THE BEST!
May all of your days
and your life be blessed!

Love from your sister - Ruth Kristin.


*

Beautiful, little Sunniva
My sister Hanna is not the only one having a birthday today. Her beautiful daughter has also got a birthday - on the same day as her mother. One year ago little Sunnica was born, and now she is one year old today. On the coming Saturday the family will have a special arrangement and let Sunniva be blessed and prayed for by people in the church. That day they will have a party and celebrate Sunniva being a child of God as well as being a one-year-old girl.

Here's a little poem I have made for Sunniva in Norwegian:

Sunniva, du er nydelig.
Du er enestående og unik.
Jeg ønsker du av gode ting
i hjertet må bli rik.
Du har ei god framtid
som ligger foran deg.
Jeg ønsker deg Guds nåde
og glede på din vei.


Love and best wishes
I hope that both my sister Hanna and her daughter Sunniva is enjoying this special mother-and-daughter-birthday. I love you very much and I wish you all the best, both of you. I couldn't give you any ordinary present today, but I give you these poems I have written today. I have written them from my heart, and my heart cares for you. So please let my love reach you and bless you through my words - just where you are, far away in England.

Much love to Hanna, Sunniva and the rest of the family
from your sister and friend Ruth Kristin, that never stops to care about you.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?