<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Observations and meditations of a young teacher living in Norway

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

A nice weekend in the city 

Today I'm back home after spending the weekend in the nearest city, called Tromso. I've had a very nice and relaxing weekend in the city. Now I will mention some of my experiences from the last days.

Thursday evening I went to a group gathering with my bible group. This group is a part of the church "Kristent Fellesskap", and we met in the home of a very nice married couple. This husband and wife are warm and friendly people and served us tasty food and different things to take away our thirst. During the cozy meal we talked and shared thoughts and episodes from our lives with each other, and after this we spent a lot of time on worship and prayer. We had a really good time together and experienced that God moved among us and encouraged us as we spent time in His prescence and prayed for each other. During that time I was used by God to bless and encourage some of the others in the group, and that was a very good experience. Thank you, Lord, for your grace and goodness!

On Friday among other things I enjoyed playing a game with my nephew, Daniel, and my niese, Kristina. And on Saturday I had an nice, long chat with my sister-in-law Ingebjørg. It is good to have someone to share thoughts and experiences with sometimes.

On Sunday I joined a very good Sunday service with the church. I came early to the school where we have our meetings, because I was the one standing in the entrance welcoming everyone this day. It was good to do this service for the Lord, and then I also got the chance to greet some new people. One of them have actually very recently given her life to Jesus, so it was very nice to greet her when she came to her first church service in "Kristent Fellesskap". After the meeting I talked with a new lady from Ghana for the first time and felt we got along very well. She actually said she would come and visit me here on the island where I live, and I really liked that and was immediately interested. We exchanged phone numbers and will make an appointment with each other later on. Now I feel I have a new friend, I am looking forward to receiving her as my guest.

This last weekend I've been encouraged and blessed by spending time with my sister-in-law and other christians, by spending time in the prescence of God and by listening to the word of God. During the weekend I've made some new plans and goals for my self, and I am ready to continue my life here on Vannoya.

Before I end my blog session for today I will type a poem that I wrote in the end of my Christmas holiday, on the 3rd of January:

My life is exciting
My life is bright
My life is expanding
when I'm living right

My life is exciting
and full of new life
My life is often changing
and one day I'm a wife

My life is exciting
No day is the same
I'm living my life
trusting in Jesus' name

Ruth Kristin Thu, Monday evening, 26.01.2004
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?